Hear from Pastor Caleb about this next phase of us gathering together again.
September 15, 2020
The Grove Church is very happy to announce that we are moving our gatherings inside this Sunday, September 20th at 1 pm! Please note some important changes about the time and location below. Please also note that the service will be streamed on Facebook Live should the new arrangement not work for your family or if you do not yet feel safe attending a public gathering.
Since we are still unable to meet this in our usual location at Grassy Lake Elementary School, the leadership at The Church at South Lake has graciously offered for us to use their facilities on Sunday afternoons. The church is located at 1860 Hancock Rd (Behind Chick-fil-a) and we will meet in their sanctuary. Directions to The Church at South Lake.
There are some other changes you need to note:
- We will start worship at 1 pm. Our hope is that having the service a little earlier in the afternoon will make it easier for you to join us! There’s no need to worry about church encroaching on bedtime or dinner time anymore. Grab some lunch and come on over!
- There will be childcare for kids under the age of 5. We will have classes for 0-2s and 3-4s and they will be meeting in the smaller building to the right of the sanctuary. Kids aged 5+ will be joining their parents for worship! We will have clipboards, snacks, and activities ready for them to keep their hands engaged as they participate in the service. Parents, please feel free to bring anything else your children could benefit from as they join you! Tablets, snacks, books, etc are all welcomed.
- Please wear a face maskcovering. Our state and federal officials suggest that this is the best practice. We will have a limited number of facemasks on hand if you do not have one of your own. While face masks are not mandatory, out of concern for our more vulnerable members, we ask that everyone wear a face mask at least until they are seated for service and then again after the service until they have returned to their vehicles.
- Maintain 6 feet of distance. Be aware of how close you are standing to others. Try to keep 6 feet of distance between one another. Avoid shaking hands or hugging.
- Electronic Bulletins: To reduce person-to-person to contact, we will continue to provide an electronic version of the bulletin that you can view with a smart phone. We will have paper bulletins on hand for those who would rather have them. The bulletins will have the lyrics of the songs printed in them. Please bring your own Bible. There will be a container for you to place your offering in as you enter or leave the service.
- There will not be any regular communion while we are in this phase of recovery
While we have been gathering since June to worship, we still want to do everything we can to manage the risk and spread of this virus.
- If you are part of an at-risk population based on your age or having pre-existing medical condition, please be cautious in exposing yourself to any gathering of people. We understand if you feel like it is best for you or your family to remain at home. If you would like to talk through your decision of whether to attend on Sunday with one of us, please reach out.
- Stay home if you or members of your family have (or recently have had) any of the symptoms of COVID-19: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, diarrhea, feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.04 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If you have been exposed to a person diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, please stay home and self-monitor for symptoms. Let us know if you need any help as you self-quarantine.
- Wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your face.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
As you can see, although we are restarting corporate worship, although we are moving back indoors to worship, this is far from a return to normal. Meeting indoors at The Church at South Lake is a temporary solution. The elders are in contact with the Lake County Commissioners, Lake County Department of Education, and other pastors in the area. We will continue to reevaluate this plan as we move forward. Nevertheless, we are thankful to the Lord that we have this opportunity to meet for now. We would also like to thank The Church at South Lake! Please continue to pray for our government leaders, for your elders, and for our church as we navigate these challenging times.
If you have any questions, please contact the church firstname.lastname@example.org We are looking forward to seeing you on Sunday!
Yours in Christ,
Pastor Caleb and Pastor Jim
Join Us This Sunday!
Service Time, Sunday 1pm